We here at Voices from the 3rd Floor are proud to announce the winner for our very first contest of 2016 inspired by Valentine’s Day.
Us (Heartbeat) by Tayler Grossman is a provocative piece about the nature of love and the give-and-take of romantic relationships. As such, her piece takes first place and will be the blog’s feature piece for the remainder of this month of love.
However! We received a number of excellent submissions to this contest and are excited to still share them with you in honor of showcasing some of the talent that FAU’s undergrad English majors have to offer.
Our runner ups include:
- Married to the King by Danielle Powell
- The Breakup by Elizabeth Lippman
- Quiet Expectations by Arezu Motaghedi
- Don’t Look, Don’t Stare by Arezu Motaghedi
- Four-Letter Words by Tayler Grossman
- Bamboo Heart by Dante Pitts
- Twenty Valentine’s Days by Oriana Caffo
Congratulations to our winner, as well as a hearty thank you to everyone who participated and shared with us their creativity!
We look forward to the outcomes of future contests and to hear more voices from the 3rd floor.